Akron Furnace Maintenance & Tune-Ups
Keeping Your Southern Cleveland Home Warm All Season Long
When the weather in Northeastern Ohio turns cold, you may suddenly realize your furnace isn’t working the way it should. If you live in the Akron, Canton, or the Southern Cleveland area, you know that you don’t want to go even a few hours without heat in the dead of winter.
At Wilson Plumbing & Heating, we offer reliable furnace maintenance in Akron. When you trust us with your home heating, we’ll arrive promptly, deliver quality repairs or tune-ups, and leave behind no mess or sign that we were even there.
Service Scheduled for Your Convenience
Hire us, and you won't be waiting around for long windows of hours to get your service.
We Are a Family Owned & Operated Business
In these times more than ever, we appreciate you for supporting small and locally owned businesses.
All Work is Backed Up by Warranties
You can rest assured knowing that all the work we do is protected with full warranties.
Why Annual Furnace Maintenance Is Important
A quick tune-up now can identify problems with your furnace before they become major issues. Think of it like a tune-up for your car - identifying and fixing a small oil leak early on can prevent thousands of dollars in engine damage down the road. Save yourself the trouble of furnace repairs by checking on your heating unit now.
What We Check for During a Furnace Tune-Up:
- Inspect and clean air filters, changing if needed.
- Check and clean all blower components. Remove any excess dirt to ensure proper airflow.
- Check system controls to make sure they're operating safely and effectively, including high limit and safety controls. Make sure the furnace cycles on and off properly.
- Check and adjust the fan and air flow. Make sure the fan only comes on at the preset temperature for maximum efficiency.
- Lubricate all moving parts.
- Tighten all electrical connections.
- Check all gas or oil connections - a loose connection presents a fire hazard and can lead to health problems. Make sure the burner is clean and heat exchanger is intact - these pose health and safety risks, too. However, keep in mind that a chemical inspection is often required to locate dangerous cracks in the heat exchanger - This job is one for the pros.
- Check to make sure the thermostat is properly calibrated to ensure proper heating levels.
- Check belts for cracks and obstructed parts in any way.
- Clean and adjust the pilot if necessary.
The Benefits of Regular Furnace Maintenance Include:
- Lower Energy Costs – You will save money by having your furnace checked. It will counteract overpowering of the unit by contaminants that will influence it to run wastefully. We will tune your heater up to ensure that it is running at ideal productivity and thus lower your bills.
- Improved Indoor Air Quality – Yearly checkups will clean your heater to evacuate allergens including mold and dirt. You will be ensuring the well-being of the occupants of your home.
- Extended Furnace Lifespan – Most furnaces can last for up to 20 years, however many don't make it to 15 because of neglect. With the right care, you can have your furnace running proficiently for over 25 years and save cash in the long haul.
- Peace of Mind – Yearly upkeep of your furnace will ensure that your heater is in great working condition and will work through the frigid winter without any unneeded surprises.
If your furnace isn’t working properly, Wilson Plumbing & Heating can test your system. Reach out to us at (330) 400-3334 whether you are in Akron or Southern Cleveland.