Tankless Water Heater Services in Akron
Expert Tankless Water Heater Services in Southern Cleveland & the Surrounding Areas
A tankless water heater is an on-demand machine. That means it provides water only when it is needed since no storage tank holds hot water. These units can be highly efficient because they do not require the insulation and constant heat of a traditional water heater. At Wilson Plumbing & Heating, we can help you decide if a tankless water heater is a good option for you and your family.
Discover the difference of tankless! Contact our Akron tankless water heater team today at (330) 400-3334 to learn more.
The Benefits of a Tankless Water Heater
A tankless water heater has many positives to consider. At Wilson, we install Akron tankless water heaters that are sturdy and efficient.
Benefits of a tankless water heater are:
- High efficiency: Tankless systems can save you a bundle on energy costs because they run so efficiently. They are a good choice for a household that uses less than 42 gallons of hot water per day, because they will provide a 24-34% energy savings. For households with high hot water usage of 86 or more daily gallons, they can be 8-14% more efficient. For maximum efficiency, you can designate a separate unit for each water source. This will provide energy savings between 27-50%.
- Instant access. You have instant access to hot water. Simply turn on the tap and the hot water is ready right away.
- Good supplement system: You can supplement a traditional system with a tankless system if you need extra hot water for an appliance that runs often. For example, if you do a lot of laundry, you can install a tankless system just for the washing machine. That way, it won’t affect the hot water supply when showering or washing dishes. They can also be used as a backup for a solar-heated system.
- Longer lifespan: Because there are fewer parts to maintain, tankless units have a longer life than traditional models, which saves money on replacement costs. You can anticipate a tankless model to last 20 years, as opposed to 10 to 15 years for a traditional model. They typically come with longer warranties, too.
- Smaller size: Tankless water heaters are wall-mounted and typically require far less space than other models. This can make them ideal for small spaces or historic homes. They can also free up storage space in a closet or pantry.
- Greener operation: Tankless water heaters’ high efficiency leaves a smaller carbon footprint. Also, they won’t junk up the environment with a rusty tank when they expire, like a traditional water heater.
The Downsides to a Tankless Water Heater
We’re not going to fool you—there are some negatives to consider when installing a tankless water heater. These systems are great, but do have a few features that may not work for every homeowner.
Downsides of installing a tankless water heater are:
- Slower flow rate: Their flow rate can be slower because their output is smaller than a traditional water heater.
- Higher initial cost: Even though you will save in the long run, you can expect to pay more upfront for a tankless model. Some models cost up to three times more than traditional units.
- Gas-fired models may cost more to operate: If the pilot light burns constantly, the energy savings will decrease, and may cost you more than you expected. Ask us about the best option for pilot light models and about intermittent ignition device models.
- High electric capacity: Tankless water heaters fueled by electricity will require up-to-date electric utilities. If your electrical system needs an overhaul, the costs may be prohibitive.
- Higher installation costs: Since tankless models have special venting requirements, the installation cost can be slightly higher than it is for other units.
Trust the Experts When It Comes to Tankless Water Heater Services in Akron
Did you know Wilson Plumbing & Heating has been in business and serving the Akron community since 1958? That’s right—for over 60 years we have been delivering quality heating, cooling, and plumbing services. We’ve seen it all through these six decades and are extensively knowledgeable on everything involving water heaters. When our team arrives for a job, they will make sure you fully understand what we plan to do. Our pricing is honest and upfront, our technicians are trained and licensed, and we are available for emergency service. That’s the Wilson Plumbing & Heating difference.