Akron Water Heater Repair & Installation
Dealing with a Broken Water Heater?
At Wilson Plumbing & Heating, we know how important it is to have a properly working water heater in your home, especially during Ohio winters. If your water heater has suddenly stopped working, you can rely on our team of emergency water heater repair experts to get your hot water flowing in no time. Our Akron water heater repair and installation pros know how to keep you comfortable!
Call (330) 400-3334 for emergency water heater repairs throughout Akron, Canton & Cleveland.
Providing Southern Cleveland with Expert Water Heater Services Since 1958
If you have a water heater that’s more than 12 years old, it’s probably time to look for a new one. Here at Wilson Plumbing & Heating, we can help you select from all the options available. Our job is to help you understand water heaters better, and know which kind is best for your Akron home and family.
You need to focus on three main ideas: How much hot water you need, your efficiency preferences, and your budget. Your answers will affect the size and the fuel source of your new water heater, which will, in turn, affect the price.
The types of water heaters we install in Akron include:
- Traditional water heaters: A large storage tank holds hot water warmed by a burner.
- Tankless water heaters: These water heaters have no storage tank, but heat water when it’s needed.
- Heat pump water heaters: These operate on hot water moved from place to place, rather than water heated directly.
- Solar water heaters: The sun serves as the power source to heat the water.
- Indirect water heaters: Your home’s heating system is used to heat water.
Each of these models provides different benefits for different needs. A tankless water heater might be best for a single person or small space. A heat pump water heater may work well for someone who wants the lowest energy bill possible. A solar model is a good choice for an environmentally-conscious customer. We are happy to assess your needs and preferences and suggest the best model for you.
Determining Your Water Needs
Each Akron household has different water needs. A new couple may use 50-60% less hot water than a family with three teenagers. We will take your family situation into consideration when we recommend a water heater size.
If you take showers every day along with running the dishwasher and washing machine, you may use 100 gallons of hot water every day. Yet a 55-gallon unit is probably sufficient for you because water heaters are measured by either first-hour rating or gallons-per-minute.
It all depends on the speed at which you use hot water. If four people take showers every morning in the space of 30 minutes, you will need a bigger system than if four people spread their showers out through the day and evening. Also, consider that a tankless model supplies one source at a time. If you frequently use the shower at the same time as the dishwasher, it may be best to install multiple units.
You have several options when it comes to fuel sources:
- Electricity—This fuel source is the most popular choice for our customers. It works with every option above and can serve as a backup for solar options.
- Fuel oil—This is a reasonable choice for traditional water heaters and indirect water heaters.
- Propane—Propane is a good source for traditional, tankless, and indirect water heaters.
- Natural gas—This choice can be an affordable option for traditional, tankless, and indirect water heaters.
- Geothermal energy—This is the kind of energy that heat pump water heaters use. Ask our knowledgeable staff to explain this option in depth.
- Solar energy—By installing solar panels on your roof, you can harness the sun’s energy to heat your water.
To Repair or Replace Your Akron Water Heater?
Have you found yourself facing the age-old dilemma whether to replace or repair your water heater? The answer essentially boils down to the age of your water heater. If you’ve had it for more than 15 years or so, it’s time to replace it. Because most water heaters only last 10-15 years, repairing the unit after its expiration date is like throwing money into a black hole.
Other signs it’s time for Akron water heater installation:
- Rusty water – Do you notice rust in your water? This might come from your water heater. Over time, the water heater’s parts will corrode and rust. If not maintained properly, this rust will sneak into your water source.
- Strange noises – Is your water heater making weird clanking noises? This might be caused by sediment, which builds up over time. We usually recommend annually flushing your water heater. Sediment buildup can lead to inefficiency and wear on the metal.
- Leaks – Is there water pooling around your water heater? There may be a leak in one of the pipes caused by either use or age.
Your Budget Requirements
You want to get the best bargain for your dollar when you upgrade your water heater in Akron. The best advice is to buy the most efficient model for your budget. Heating water is nearly 20% of your total energy costs. If you buy a 55-gallon water heater, you will enjoy energy savings of 25-50% with a new model. You can compare fuel prices and annual operating costs to get an idea of what each water heater will cost. We can also suggest ways to reduce your hot water usage to help you save even more.
Call today at (330) 400-3334 or contact us online to schedule a water heater installation or repair in Akron, Southern Cleveland, and all of North Canton! We’ll provide a custom plan for your water heater needs.