Service Scheduled for Your Convenience
Hire us, and you won't be waiting around for long windows of hours to get your service.
We Are a Family Owned & Operated Business
In these times more than ever, we appreciate you for supporting small and locally owned businesses.
All Work Is Backed by Our Warranties
You can rest assured knowing that all the work we do is protected with full warranties.
Reasons Slab Leaks Occur
Slab leaks occur when the water pipes in the concrete slab underneath your home crack, break, or burst. The leak occurs in the pipes themselves, not in the slab. Still, the consequences can be devastating unless the problem is handled right away.
Slab leaks occur for various reasons. Common reasons include the following:
- Water pressure that is too high for the pipe system to manage
- Corrosion of water pipes
- Low quality or improperly installed pipes
- Friction from concrete, gravel, or other pipes that causes wear and tear
- Settling or shifting in the slab, which prompts cracks or breaks
Any of these conditions can lead to water leaks in your slab foundation, so don’t hesitate to call for slab leak repair in Akron.
How to Detect Slab Leaks
Watch out for the signs you have a leak, and make sure to contact our professionals at Wilson Plumbing & Heating for Akron slab leak location and repair as soon as you suspect a problem.
There are several different signs to look for that may indicate a slab leak, including:
- The water meter spinning even when no water is in use
- Higher than normal water bills
- Running water sounds even if water is turned off
- Moisture or mildew in flooring
- Cracks in the flooring or walls
- Increase in insect activity due to additional moisture
- Sewage smell due to a broken sewage line
How We Repair Slab Leaks
Our highly trained technicians at Wilson will perform a detailed detection process during a slab leak inspection. We use special tools and technology to locate the leak source and determine a repair solution. We will discuss your repair options with you after the inspection is complete. With every option we offer, our plumbing technicians exercise care to minimize damage to your property.
One option is re-routing the pipes. If we determine that only short pipe lengths need replacing, we will run new pipes above the ground. Another option is re-lining the existing pipes. We can push a new liner through the pipe that will cover over any cracks or breaks and stop the leaks. This process is minimally invasive, as we only need external access to the pipe to install the liner.