Service Scheduled for Your Convenience
Hire us, and you won't be waiting around for long windows of hours to get your service.
We Are a Family Owned & Operated Business
In these times more than ever, we appreciate you for supporting small and locally owned businesses.
All Work Is Backed by Our Warranties
You can rest assured knowing that all the work we do is protected with full warranties.
How Do You Know If You Need Leak Detection?
Our highly trained technicians at Wilson Plumbing & Heating will efficiently locate and repair your leaks the first time. We will make sure the job is done right so no additional damage occurs in your home. We have sophisticated technology to make water main leak detection in Akron as easy as possible. With our tools, we can find leaks with minimal invasion. We can also locate leaks inside your home or in outdoor locations like drains and swimming pools.
Some signs you need leak detection include:
- Hearing water running when no taps are open
- Lowered water pressure
- Unexpected increase in water bills
- Cracks in your foundation appear in your walls
- Uneven growth of plants near your foundation
- Shifted or uneven soil around your foundation
- Warm spots on your slab floors
- Discoloring appearing on your ceiling tiles or in your wood floors
- Sour or stale smells emanating from flooring or walls
Leak Detection & Repair
When you call Wilson for leak detection, first, we will conduct a general inspection and look for obvious indications of water leaks. When we find the issue, we will track it back to its source. Then we will repair or replace the connector, pipe, or fixture where the leak is originating.
Common reasons for leaks include:
- Aging plumbing connections
- Improper initial plumbing installation
- Water pressure or temperature changes
- Freezing outdoor temperatures
- Stress from vibrations
- Stray electrical currents that cause pipes to rust
Depending on the type of leak, the fix may be a quick patch, a simple valve replacement, or an easy joint tightening. More extensive repairs, such as plumbing line replacement, will be determined upon inspection, and we’ll provide you an estimate.