Advantages of a humidification system
Here in northwestern Ohio, our winter air is often cold and dry. The dry winter air is made even drier by your furnace. Dry air in your home can cause multiple health issues and take a toll on some of the materials in your home. Here at Wilson Plumbing and Heating, Inc., we can help alleviate your dry air problems through the installation of a whole home humidifier.
You may have seen small, portable humidifiers for individual rooms. They require frequent upkeep and maintenance, and they may put out too much or too little humidity. A better choice is a whole home humidifier system. It attaches to the existing ductwork in your HVAC system. Your thermostat controls the humidity level and releases a steady stream of water vapor into your entire house through the vents. It runs all year round, which helps maintain your health and your home.
Here are several health benefits to a whole home humidifier system:
- Asthma and allergy sufferers will greatly benefit from even humidity levels.
- If your family suffers from dry throats, dry breathing passages, and dry skin, the water vapor can make a surprising difference.
- People who snore may sleep more soundly by breathing moister air.
- Viruses like low humidity. By increasing the humidity level, your family may be less susceptible to viruses.
- Infections heal faster in a higher-humidity environment.
- Do you have frizzy hair? It may be smoother if your home’s humidity level is properly maintained.
- Static electricity shocks are less frequent.
Here are several ways a whole home humidifier system improves your home:
- Electronics work better and last longer when air isn’t overly dry.
- Anything made of wood or paper, including flooring, furniture, pianos, and artwork, will have a longer life with humidified air.
- If your walls are coated with paint or plaster, their finishes will be less likely to crack or peel when humidity is at a proper level.
- Humidified air feels warmer on the skin, so you may be able to adjust your thermostat a few degrees lower in the winter and a few degrees higher in the summer. This can help you save hundreds in energy dollars every year.
Our technicians at Wilson Plumbing and Heating, Inc. can install a whole home humidifier system in a single day. We will hook it into your current system and calibrate it to maintain a comfortable 50 percent humidity level year-round. You will start experiencing the benefits the day we install your system, and you won’t have to keep maintaining a collection of portable humidifiers any longer.
If your family or your home is experiencing any of the adverse symptoms described above, you may be surprised at how much a whole home humidifier system can help. Give us a call today so we can visit your home for an assessment. Whether you live in the Cleveland, Canton, or Akron area, we can install a system in your home. We will help you find the best system for your budget and your family's needs.