As the cold weather approaches it's important to take some steps to keep your pipes and appliances is proper working order. Your friendly neighborhood plumbers at Wilson Plumbing & Heating, Inc. offer some helpful tips to combat the freezing temperatures.
Winter Plumbing & Heating Tips
Tips to avoid frozen pipes:
- Place a space heater in the bathroom
- Leave vanities and under-the-sink cabinets open
- Leave faucets on a steady but light stream (NOT JUST DRIPPING)
- Leave all bathroom doors open
- Do not close doors to rooms unless necessary
- If a pipe freezes, utilize a hair dryer or space heater
- Keep thermostat higher than normal (no lower than 68 degrees)
- Walk through house first thing in the morning and later at night (looking for leaking water, etc)
- Disconnect outside hoses
Call Wilson Plumbing & Heating today at (330) 400-3334 or contact us online! Our job is to keep you and your home as comfortable as possible as we face the coldest temps of the year!
And remember...summer is only 123 days away!