Now Hiring HVAC Technicians
Become a Member of the Wilson Plumbing & Heating Team!
Are you interested in a rewarding career as an HVAC technician? Here at Wilson Plumbing & Heating, we are always expanding our team to meet the needs of our ever-growing customer base. We are currently hiring skilled, hardworking HVAC techs with a passion for service.
Give us a call at (330) 400-3334 to learn more about this position.
As an HVAC technician, you will be expected to perform residential heating and air conditioning installation, repair, maintenance, and inspection services. You will respond to service calls and handle maintenance services.
Each day, you are expected to:
- Exceed customer expectations
- Maintain excellent communication with client during service
- Install, maintain, and repair HVAC equipment
- Run safety and performance tests on HVAC equipment
- Determine proper sizing for equipment before installations take place
- Double-check all of your work at the end of each appointment
- Wear all proper protective equipment
- Operate handheld power tools
- Maintain a safe and clean job site
- Participate in trainings, meetings, and outings
- Encourage customers to participate in our membership program
- Maintain a clean service vehicle at all times
For this position, we provide on-the-job training, but there are still some requirements you must meet.
The minimum requirements for the HVAC technician position include:
- High school diploma or GED (associate degree preferred)
- 5+ years’ experience in HVAC
- Flexible schedule
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to solve problems
- Ability to pass random drug testing
- A clear and up-to-date understanding of HVAC regulations
- Ability to work alone and with a team
- A valid and up-to-date driver’s license
- Ability to troubleshoot, repair, install, and maintain HVAC systems
- Familiarity with power tools
*Note: Starting salary is dependent upon skills and experience. Wilson Plumbing & Heating provides on-the-job training for this position and increases your wages as your skills develop.
Physical Demands & Daily Work Environment
This is a physically demanding job that involves a lot of heavy lifting and climbing up and down ladders.
You must be comfortable:
- Lifting and carrying up to 75 lbs. without assistance
- Climbing up and down ladders
- Working on rooftops
- Working in all weather conditions and cramped spaces
- Being exposed to contaminants
- Being in close proximity to hazardous conditions and equipment
- Working more than 40 hours per week
If you are interested in being a part of the most trusted and recognized company around, we encourage you to click the button below and submit your application. Check out our Careers page to learn more about the benefits of working for Wilson.
For any questions, please call (330) 400-3334.